Season 3, Episode 7 of The Real Show podcast with Amy Edwards sits down this week with the inspiring and incredible Maria Groten, co-founder and co-owner of Austin’s LOVE Cycling Studio. Maria is an uplifting person with a deep, beautiful soul, who strives to be better all the time and to always, always, be about LOVE. We can definitely get on board with that!
Maria is a fun, authentic, driven and motivating woman, a perfect fit for the Inspiring and Influential Women series. Maria shares so much about her philosophy of life, and in turn, how she upholds everything she believes in throughout her business. Inspiring, for sure, and super impressive. She also makes great points about how pushing yourself physically can bring breakthroughs spiritually. It’s her “spinistry,” and yeah, it rocks.
We recorded this podcast in the LOVE Cycling Studio, so it’s the real-real: there’s music blasting from a class in session, people in and out of the office, and phones ringing, so get ready! Find the shortcuts listed below, but know that all that Maria shares is wonderful and worth the 30-minute listen, naturally! Remember, The Real Show is always free and you can find it on Stitcher or iTunes, download it on Libsyn, or listen below. Here are the current shortcuts with the love-ly Maria Groten:
- 03:44 // “Spinistry”
- 04:31 // Amy comes up with a new t-shirt slogan!
- 05:11 // The “beautiful equation”
- 08:25 // How she started and that guy who motivated her
- 10:45 // Yes, she got scared
- 12:40 // Spin and meditation
- 14:58 // What and who inspires Maria?
- 18:07 // “But I can’t….” answers
- 20:16 // Age as not limiting (and the key element)
- 21:41 // Running a business and having a partner
- 23:02 // B.C.S.I.T.W.
- 23:58 // Biggest highlights of this…and the importance of giving back
- 26:55 // What pushing yourself physically can bring to your spirit
- 27:24 // Her #1 body image rule
- 30:00 // Her story, and dealing with tragedy and loss
- 32:11 // SPEED ROUND! Flashdance or Footloose? Bike or walk? Rest or hustle? All that and more!
Learn more about LOVE (or better yet, book a class!) on their website, or follow them on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. You can also find Maria personally on Instagram, too, or all her playlists on Spotify!
We hope you’re enjoying the series! And a quick note: we’d like to share Episode 4 of Season 2 in the wake of the Orlando shootings. You may be searching for a way to take action on gun violence. Listen to the chat with the very inspiring and very influential Nicole from Moms Demand Action to find out more about what you can do to incite change on this hotbed issue. Find the article here, or subscribe on iTunes, mark The Real Show on your Stitcher app, or stream on Libsyn.
TRS sits down next week with Masha Poloskova, owner of Moss and Garment, who is the avant-garde boss-lady of the modern, resale and vintage scene in Austin. Can’t wait to hear all she has to share about business and life and of course, fashion! Subscribe today!